Here is some healthy diet advice for those who are looking for a quick jump start to their weight loss:
1. Never eat until you are too full at each meal. You should strive to stop eating when you are completely satisfied.
2. Space your meals out by a minimum of two and a half to three hours in between each meal. This will give your body a chance to completely digest the food from the previous meal before you consume the next.
3. Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. This will ensure that you get enough roughage, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals into your daily diet.
4. Do not eat inside the last three hours before you go to bed at night. It is better to go to bed with an empty stomach than with a full stomach, so that your body does not needlessly spend the night digesting food when it should be resting.
5. Eat several small meals throughout the day instead of fewer big meals.
If you follow these five simple guidelines above, you will already be way ahead of the weight loss game. These rules alone are all you really need in order to lose weight, live a healthy lifestyle, and even to maintain your weight once you have lost it. Your weight loss may be very slow and steady, but these tips are definitely a starting point which you can follow without too much effort, too much sacrifice, or any major readjustment to your routine.