To lose 5 pounds in a week, you need to develop a consistent approach to weight loss. The objective of your weight loss plan is to reduce the overall fat in your body, thus giving you a leaner stomach and slimmer waist line.
A consistent weight loss plan requires your focus, dedication and discipline. These 3 elements are extremely important if you want to see promising results in a week. Therefore, what you need to do now is to prepare both your mind and body, and get ready for action. When you start any weight loss program, it is advisable to stay positive to work for results. If you are the type who gets impatient easily, you will tend to give up too soon.
Before we touch on the weekly plan, let me remind you that you need to stretch and warm your body up before any exercises. Before you set out to work out your muscles, a little stretching is needed in order to prevent you from getting any injury. If you feel that you have gone way beyond your limit, stop immediately. Everything should be done in moderation and you should find the right level of exercise that suits you. Now having said this, let us get on to the weekly weight loss program.
1. First day. For the first day, take a long and steady walk for at least 3 minutes. Remember to do some stretching before and after the walk. This simple exercise will take up very little of your time for the day. With less than an hour, you have taken a good first step to an effective weight loss program.
2. Second day. On the second day, you need to do exercise that focus on your upper body. By building up your upper body strength, it will help you to go through the whole program for the week. Good upper body exercise includes push-ups, and lifting weights which focus on biceps, triceps, and shoulders.
3. Third day. For the third day, you will jog for at least 20 minutes. Do not be too worried about how fast you run. The objective here is do slow jog for at least 20 minutes, and if you need to jog really slowly, do it. Then, perform some lower body workout in the evenings.
4. Fourth day. Have a good rest! Stretch frequently on this day and use this rest day wisely to sort out any negative thoughts in your mind. No junk food!
5. Fifth day. Start the fifth day with a good 15 minutes walk. Then exercise your lower body in four sessions of workouts, follow this up with another 15 minute walk, and another four sessions of lower body workout.
6. Sixth day. This is a good day to do some sports such as badminton or football. Just be careful not to injure yourself. If you want to do some low impact exercise, swimming is a good choice.
7. Last day. The last day of the week is a time for you to solicit the support of the people you care about. Have them to enjoy a brisk walk in the park. With their support, you will be able to stay positive to your goal of slimming down.
If by the first week you are able to stick to your weight loss plan, you stand a good chance to achieve your weight loss objective. Patience is a virtue. As long as you stay dedicated and focused on your weight loss plan weekly, you will soon be able to dress confidently again without the embarrassment of having a protruding tummy.