Overview If you like me then you do not actually like the diet process you like the end result. That is why when I need to drop a couple pounds I like to do it as fast and as simple as possible. I have written about how to accelerate your fat loss before but today I wanted to talk about simple dieting and using food repetition to make it even simpler. One thing I know is true simple works.
Lets look at Slim Fast as an example.
Tommy Lasorda (you remember him from the Slim Fast commercials right?) Would have a shake at lunch, and would try not to eat his entire kitchen for dinner. Guess what? He lost weight (the kind of weight, speed of weight loss, and if he kept it off is a whole different story). Tens of thousands of people have taken this Slim Fast approach to weight loss and succeed (for a short time period at least).
Why does this work?
1. Easy to follow Drink a shake now. Drink a shake later. It does not get easier than that.
2. Controls Calories 1 shake has a set amount of calories. You cant over eat with a shake.
3. Fast Open shake and drink. Who does not have time for that?
The main problem is that the Slim Fast shakes are garbage. You can do a lot better for your body and enhance your fat loss by making a couple simple tweaks.
1. Make your shakes protein dominant Find a good protein powder that does not ruin the taste of your shakes.
2. Get a blend of fats Use walnuts, flaxseed oil, etc
3. Ante up with Antioxidant Add free dried fruits / vegetables (ie Super food, Greens +, Emerald Balance, etc), frozen blueberries, cherries, etc
4. Fill Up with Fiber Have a couple glucomannan capsules, Benefiber or add flax meal to your shakes for added fiber.
Now that we have enhanced the nutrition of your shakes, it is time to apply the Slim Fast principles.
Easy to Follow – You'll drink 2 or 3 shakes per day in place of breakfast, lunch, and / or two snack meal during the day. You choose what works best with your schedule.
Control Calories Have a set recipe for your shakes so that they have the same amount of calories each time. For example 1.5 scoops of protein power, 1 TBSB of flaxseed oil or 3 TBSP Walnuts, 1/2 cup of berries.
Fast – Make them all at once. I use a Magic Bullet for this part. The Magic Bullet is probably the best thing I have purchased for our kitchen in a long time. Pull out three Magic Bullet cups / shakers, add water and all the food, blend, pop on the lids, and you're good to go. Making 3 shakes this way takes about 5 minutes (seriously it is that fast).
If you need to lose weight but do not have the time to diet then you should take advantage of the Slim Fast Effect and use shakes to jump start your weight loss.