Obesity and overweight are two main outcomes of 21st century lifestyle. Sadly, these two are turning out to be the main reasons behind a variety of diseases and disorders as well. High blood pressure, strokes and diabetes are just a few but major consequences of being obese. Earlier found only among adults, obesity among children is now increasing alarmingly.
Thankfully, increased health awareness and research in the field is now focusing on weight loss, its various methods and benefits.
Why lose weight?
The benefits of weight loss are so intense that it will be a surprise to overlook them. Those who have not yet taken up by weight loss are certainly not sure of what benefits it offers. Let us have a look at it. Weight loss has shown to:
- Decrease the risk of stroke
- Increase energy level in the body
- Reduce level of 'bad' cholesterol
- Bring blood pressure within optimum limit
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Improved flexibility of joints
These are only the main benefits. Other benefits include increased physical capacity, better respiration and enhanced appearance.
Conventional weight loss methods
Gone are the days of traditional weight loss methods. These methods involved rigorous physical regimen in combination with strict adherence to diet designed by specialists. It was also supported by some drugs that had their side effects. These methods were more like punishments than management. Sticking to such harsh routine was not suitable to everyone's lifestyle. Amidst the hectic schedules and other priorities like family and career, these methods were put on the backburner.
With advanced research in weight management, now more unconventional or natural but 'user-friendly' methods have come to light. In less time than expected they have become a trend.
Unconventional weight loss methods
Various unconventional weight loss methods that have evolved over the years are:
· Herbal Remedies : Some herbs have shown to have beneficial effects not only about weight loss but in improving overall health condition. Beside losing weight, these herbs improve metabolism, blood circulation and vitality.
· Hypnotism : The effects of this method are proving to be more fundamental than the other methods. Hypnotism involves change in mind's belief system and person's behavior. The best feature of this method is that it does not involve any intake of drugs, medicines or herbs, making it completely safe.
· Yoga : This very ancient method combines observing physical postures and behavioral changes. Although, only intensive sessions of yoga are found useful in burning excess fat; it certainly improves body awareness leading to healthyier eating habits and lifestyles.
· Dietary Supplements : These are the newest things on the block. There efficiency is still a matter of discussion, but their easy availability and easy to use features are making them more popular than other methods.
Advantages of unconventional methods
Unconventional methods are catching fancy of the users. Though their benefits take time to show up; they have the following advantages:
· They do not consume more time in preparation and practice
· They can easily fit users' daily routine
· They do not have side effects
· They are cost effective
· They encourage healthy changes in lifestyle
A word of caution
Although there is a yard of information available about unconventional methods of weight loss [http://www.ebiodestore.com/category/overview/Weight_Loss/], the authenticity of information needs to be checked before putting these into practices. Sometimes diversity of information creates confusion in the users mind. It is always advisable to seek professional help in advance to find out which method suits your body type.