1. Set a Goal. This is maybe the best step you can take. Set up a goal, an achievable goal, and then start to create a way you can achieve this goal. Not only is this motivating, but it gives you a clear picture of what your after. Setting a goal is a power statement, it really charges your plan, and gets you going in the right direction.
2. Take it one step at a time. People get overwhelmed when they think about losing weight, or dieting, there’s the strict diet, all that exercise, no more favorite foods, going to be feeling hungry all the time, it’s a pretty scary thought. So just take it one step at a time. Maybe today go for a 10 min walk at lunch, tomorrow maybe have a salad for lunch, the next day take the stairs instead of the elevator. By taking it one step at a time, you will easy your way into a great weight loss program before you know it. Chances are, that it will be more successful.
3. Find a friend. Having a friend is a great way to get back into shape. Pushing off of each other for motivate will create a positive reinforcement that you just can’t get by yourself. There will be days you just don’t feel like working out, or eating right but having a friend their giving you that extra push maybe the difference you need in achieving your goal. A friend can really add that extra motivation, you may even find your self-going well beyond your original goal.
4. Include weight training. Weights can really help transform your body and give you that more defined look. Did you know that after puberty, you actually start losing muscle at a slow rate, I guess the phrase “if you don’t use it, you lose it” is really true with muscle. Including weight training can help in a few ways: One, it builds your strength, and it’s always good to have that extra strength to lets say move something, like that flower pot or table that you couldn’t move before. Two, muscle burns fat, so the more muscle you have the more calories your body burns. That extra muscle can really turn you into a fat burning machine.
5. Drink lots of water. Drinking water helps to lose weight by boosting your metabolism rate, you should really aim to drink 8-12 glasses a day. Drinking lots of water through out the day, minimizes those crazy food craving and reduces your appetite. Drinking lots of water also helps reduce water retention, which gives you that bloated look. So remember to try to get at least 8 glasses of water a day.
6. Give up Soda. Soda is loaded with sugar, which are just empty calories. Did you know that a 20-ounce bottle of soda roughly cares 16 spoonfuls of sugar that is over 200 calories of pure sugar, which are just empty calories. Instead, replace soda with water. If it’s the fizz you miss, that drink sparkling water with lemon, it’s very refreshing. Just by dropping that daily soda, you could drop 20 pounds in a year.