One of the main reasons why thousands of people wish to trim down their weight is due to health reasons. When the body consumes more calories than is being burned up, the excess is converted to fats and stored in the body. So unless you are willing to change your lifestyle, especially your eating habits and start to eat right, you will face an uphill battle and not experience an easy or effective weight loss.
Here are some tips to start you on your path to effectively get rid of those excess pounds.
- Forget about 'lose weight fast' diets. Such fad diets will not lead to permanent and effective weight loss
- Weight loss pills can work wonders in the short term. The amazing part, however, is when you get off the diet pills. Whatever weight was lost, all comes rushing back with a vengeance and most people end up fatter than ever.
- The best way to shed those excess pounds is one that combines conscious eating with physical exercise. For permanent weight loss, expect to change your lifestyle.
- Cut down on unhealthy foods such as deep fried foods like fries and foods with high sugar content like soda.
- Start an exercise plan and be consistent in your workout. As a guideline, you should fit in at least four days of workout of approximately 30 minutes each.
- Reduce the portion of foods that you eat. Do not overeat. In two recent studies, both women and men ate more when they were served larger portions. However, they felt just as full when they were given smaller portions with much fewer calories.
Do not expect to lose weight if you revert to your old eating habits and sedentary lifestyle. The key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you consume.
When you adopt a healthy diet and start to eat right whilst trimming down your food portions, and combining with a sensible exercise plan, you will start your journey to a permanent and effective weight loss.
Losing weight gradually lessens the risk of regaining back your weight when you stop your weight loss diet.